North Carolina is filled with esteemed universities, colleges, and nursing schools that offer the best nursing program in the country. Prospective students are advised to do their research before enrolling themselves to a school’s nursing program. It is important to note that only accredited schools are highly-favored by employers as duly-accredited nursing schools in North Carolina are certified to have successfully met the quality standards and basic prerequisites of nurse accreditation bodies and by the State of North Carolina’s Board of Nursing.
There are over 70 colleges in the State of North Carolina which offers a wide variety of nursing programs and courses. The best nursing schools are not only located in densely-populated cities, but are situated in rural settings as well. There are several factors that an aspiring nursing student should take into consideration when choosing the nursing school to enroll in. However, accreditation and academic excellence are two of the most crucial factors that you should look into when picking your future nursing school.
Although the nurse shortage crisis is very much evident in the State of North Carolina, majority of employers place high regard to the academic background of nurse applicants. This is most true in the hospital setting, where nurse administrators hire applicants that come from nursing schools that are popularly known for producing world-class, highly-competitive nurse professionals.
Listed below is a list of the top nursing schools that are located in North Carolina. If you are looking forward to a fulfilling and financially rewarding career, becoming a student in any of these nursing schools will earn you the much needed advantage and leverage once you start seeking for employment in health care facilities.
- University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
The College of Nursing at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill ranks 4th in the list of the best US nursing schools. It is a premiere learning institution that is driven to provide quality education, revolutionary research, and cutting-edge clinical practice among its nursing students.
UNC in Chapel Hill offers the following nursing programs to prospective undergraduate students and post-graduate professionals:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Master’s of Science in Nursing Program
- RN to MSN program
- Post-mater’s certification courses
- Doctoral Programs (PhD and DNP)
- Pre and post-doctoral fellowships
UNC’s College of Nursing boasts the following achievements in the field of nursing:
- 4th in psychiatric/mental health clinical nurse specialist program
- 6th in nursing service administration courses
- 10th in pediatric nurse practitioner specialization program
- 11th in family nurse practitioner subspecialty courses
The University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill is proud of the 95% passing rate of its nursing graduates. The passing rate of students who graduated from UNC Chapel Hill is known to be one of the highest and most impressive in the US.
UNC in Chapel Hill is staffed with renowned and esteemed nursing instructors and clinicians. Due to UNC’s prestige and excellence, it holds strong partnerships and collaborations with the biggest hospitals and medical care facilities in the State of North Carolina.
- Duke University
Your opportunity to become a licensed nurse may be common, but the opportunity to become the best in the industry is rare. Duke University makes this rare chance to become a world-class nurse clinician a reality. The university is regarded to have the best and brightest faculty team that is more than capable in assisting students of becoming nurse leaders once they start working in the health care industry.
Duke University offers innovations that help nurses to be highly efficient and dependable members of the health care team. Duke’s College of Nursing is a leader when it comes to cutting-edge nursing applications through ongoing research in the health care industry. The university is staffed with nursing professors and clinicians that provide advanced and comprehensive topics in the application standard nursing practices. The College of Nursing is prepared to produce world-class nurses but leaders and researchers as well.
Duke University offers both classroom teaching and online classes to students who pass the university’s admission exams. Here is a list of the nursing programs that are currently made available by Duke University’s College of Nursing:
- Accelerated Bachelors of Science in Nursing
- Masters of Science in Nursing
- Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing
- Graduate Certificate in Health Informatics
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- Postdoctoral Fellowship Programs
Duke University nursing graduates are now working across all health care settings not only in North Carolina but all across the globe as nurse leaders and esteemed researchers. If you would like to be the top priority of employers once you seek for a job after graduation and certification, Duke University will provide you with the edge that other nursing schools in North Carolina fail to deliver.
- East Carolina University
The College of Nursing at East Carolina University, Greenville is regarded not only as a top-notch nursing school in the state but across the nation as well. The university offers classroom-based and online nursing programs to prospective students.
The main mission of ECU is to produce talented and highly skilled entry level nurses, nurse leaders, nurse researchers and nurse scientists. They have successfully made this goal a reality by employing only the most knowledgeable clinical instructors and educators in the health care industry.
ECU also offers a wide array of scholarships and grants to nursing students who excel in the academic and clinical setting. ECU has a plethora of partnerships with health care facilities all across the state and focuses on providing quality health care to underserved and marginalized communities. With all these efforts, East Carolina University has made it possible to produce not only competent nurses, but professionals who have strong ethical and moral values.
Listed below are nursing programs being offered by ECU’s College of Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (campus0based)
- RN to MSN nursing programs (online)
- Masters of Science in Nursing
- Online MSN programs include:
- Adult nurse practitioner
- Clinical nurse specialist
- Nursing leadership
- Neonatal nurse practitioner
- Family nurse practitioner
- Nurse midwifery
- Nursing education
- Campus-based MSN program:
- Nurse anesthesia
- PhD Program offered on campus only
Other nursing schools accredited by North Carolina Board of Nursing and accreditation organizations such as the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education and the National League for Nursing are the following:
- Carolinas Medical Center at Mercy
- Queens University of Charlotte
- Barton College
- University of North Carolina-Greensboro
- University of North Carolina- Pembroke
- University of North Carolina- Wilmington
- Winston-Salem University
- Western Carolina University
- Nursing Schools in North Carolina North Carolina is filled with esteemed universities, colleges, and nursing...
- Nursing Schools in Columbus Ohio Nursing Schools in Columbus Ohio can be the ideal choice...
- Nursing Schools in New Jersey New Jersey is known to feature the highest-paying hourly income...
- Nursing Schools in Florida The ever-increasing aging population in the State of Florida has...
- UCLA School of Nursing For those who are interested in taking up nursing, one...