The existing unpredictable job environments, where many individuals are losing their jobs due to recession, the professionals have to make sure that they possess up-to-the mark qualification and required certification in order to remain in their jobs. Hence, it is quite significant for the aspiring nursing individuals also, to obtain certification and become certified nursing assistants.
Nursing assistants are known by various names such as nurse aides, orderlies and so on. The main responsibility assigned to a nursing assistant is to take care of patients properly and help them with their routine activities. Preference is given to the applicants who are trained and certified in the field of nursing.
There are many community colleges and schools in Indiana that offer training in various courses related to nursing. After completing their training, the students are required to appear in the certification exam. The following points mention the sequence that is to be followed in order to achieve CNA certification:
- Firstly, the candidate is supposed to give a written test that comprises of general questions checking the individuals’ knowledge of basic nursing skills
- If the student manages to pass the written test, he/she has to give another test, known as, performance test. In this test, the individuals are tested upon their acquaintance with the specific field information.
- There are 25 specific skills of nursing out of which only 5 are asked in the examination. Common choices of the topics include skills related to hygiene, recording temperature and blood pressure, dressing a patient and so on.
- A minimum of 80% score is essential to pass the certification exam of nursing
- The certified nursing assistants have to renew their certification every second year in order to remain in their jobs.
A little hard work and dedication to pass the certification exam can earn a life long job security and reliability to the nursing assistants along with impressive salary packages
Recognized Schools of nursing in Indiana
Nursing assistant classes in Henry County
Heritage House of New Castle
1023 North 20th Street, New Castle, Indiana 47362
Phone: (765) 529-9694
Miller’s Merry Manor - Middletown
981 Beechwood Street, Middletown, IN 47356
Phone: (765) 354-2278
Hickory Creek at New Castle
901 North 16th Street, New Castle, IN 47362
Phone: (765) 529-4695
New Castle Area Career Programs CNA Course
801 Parkview Drive, New Castle, Indiana 47362
Phone: (765) 593-6680
Nursing assistant courses in Huntington County
Miller’s Merry Manor - Huntington
1500 Grant Street, Huntington, IN 46750
Phone: (260) 356-5713
The Heritage of Huntington Nursing Assistant Course
1180 West 500 North, Huntington, Indiana 46750
Phone: (260) 355-2750
Heritage Pointe - Warren
801 North Huntington Avenue, Warren, Indiana 46792
Phone: (260) 375-2201
Jackson County nursing assistant courses
Hoosier Christian Village - Brownstown
621 South Sugar Street, Brownstown, IN 47220
Phone: (812) 358-2504
Jay County CNA courses
Persimmon Ridge Rehabilitation Center Nurse Aide Training Course - Portland
200 North Park Street, Portland, Indiana 47371
Phone: (260) 726-9355
Miller’s Merry Manor - Dunkirk
11563 West Co Road 300 South, Dunkirk, IN 47336
Phone: (765) 768-7537
Jefferson County CNA training courses
Ivy Tech Community College CNA Training Course - Madison
590 Ivy Tech Drive, Madison, Indiana 47250
Phone: (812) 273-0105
Indiana Healthcare Professionals, LLC. - Madison
1417 Bear Street, Suite B, Madison, IN 47250
Phone: (812) 273-6900
Johnson County CNA courses
Central Nine Career Center Nurse Aide Training - Greenwood
1999 US 31 South, Greenwood, Indiana 46143
Phone: (317) 888-4401
Indiana Masonic Home, Inc. CNA Program - Franklin
690 South State Street, Franklin, IN 46131
Phone: (317) 736-6141
CNA Training programs in Howard County
Kokomo Area Career Center
2415 South Berkley Road, Kokomo, IN 46902
Phone: (317) 455-8021
School of Nurse Aides, LLC - Greentown
107 North Meridian Street, Greentown, IN 46936
Phone: (765) 628-2868
Ivy Tech Community College - Kokomo
700 East Firmin Street, Kokomo, Indiana 46903
Phone: (765) 457-0858
- Nursing Courses in Tennessee The aspiring nursing assistants can join any of the Nursing...
- Nurse aide training program in Indiana In order to work as a CNA in Indiana one...
- Nurse Aide Training Programs in Indiana All the aspiring nursing scholars, looking out for various affordable,...
- CNA School in Indiana If you are planning to make your career in Nursing...
- Nursing Courses, California With the increase in old age population, there is a...