Becoming a nurse is something that takes a lot of time, effort, and money. Because of this, it is important that individuals who are interested in becoming a nurse and pursuing their dreams of being a part of a medical team should obtain the knowledge that they need through high quality educational training programs. This is the main reason as to why students who are interested in pursuing a career in nursing choose the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, as this educational institution is one of the best places where they can obtain the high quality education that they need to become great nurses.
The School of Nursing of Johns Hopkins has been recognized as the leader in providing graduate programs for students who are interested to pursue a career in nursing. In fact, this educational institution has been ranked as the number one provider of graduate programs in the 2012 U.S. News & World Report edition. In this same publication, the school has also been ranked as the number one provider of Community or Public Health Nursing programs.
Academic Programs Offered
Interested individuals who would like to obtain the best and the highest quality educational training programs for nurses are provided with numerous course options to choose from. The following are the academic programs that the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing is currently offering:
- Bachelor of Science with Major in Nursing
The Johns Hopkins School of Nursing offers four options when it comes to the Bachelor of Science with Major in Nursing programs that it offers. These include the summer-entry accelerated program (13-month option that begins each May), the fall-entry accelerated program (17-month option that begins each August), the accelerated BS to MSN with paid clinical residency (begins each January), and the BS to MSN program.
- Master of Science in Nursing
The Master of Science in Nursing programs that the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing offers include the following:
- Adult-Geriatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Family Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Health Systems Management
- Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Business Administration, MSN/MBA
- Master of Science in Nursing/Master of Public Health, MSN/MPH
- MSN to PhD
- Nurse Practitioner with Public Health Nursing Focus, MSN-NP/MPH
- Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Public Health Nursing
- Public Health Nursing with Nurse-Midwifery Track
- Doctoral Nursing Programs
The Johns Hopkins School of Nursing also offers two different types of opportunities to people who are looking for doctoral degrees. This include the Doctor of Nursing Practice and the Doctor of Philosophy.
- Post Degree Programs
For post-master’s degree programs, the following are those that are being offered by the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing:
- Nurse Practitioner (Programs for Adult Primary Care, Family Primary Care, Pediatric Primary Care, Adult Acute or Critical Care, and Accelerated Acute Care are being offered)
- Nurse Educator Certification Option
- Clinical Nurse Specialist
For post-bachelor’s degree programs, Johns Hopkins is currently offering the following:
- Applied Health Informatics
- Forensic Nursing Certificate
- Continuing Education
The Johns Hopkins School of Nursing also offers educational programs intended for those who would want to continue their education. These include continuing nursing educational programs, training programs, conferences, and seminars. For nurses who are looking for clinical updates, certification opportunities, and skill enhancement programs, they will find the right course that will best match their needs in this school.
- Guided Care Nursing Course
- Bereavement Support following Perinatal Loss or Infant Death
The Johns Hopkins School of Nursing also offers various educational programs online. These include three types of master’s programs namely: Clinical Nurse Specialist (with Forensic Focus), Clinical Nurse Specialist, as well as Health Systems Management. The Nurse Educator Certificate program is also available online as well as the Applied Health Informatics Program.
Areas of Excellence
The Johns Hopkins School of Nursing is one of the best choices of individuals who are interested in becoming a part of a medical team and achieve their dreams of becoming nurses. Johns Hopkins is a top-ranked educational institution because of the fact that that this school offers only the highest quality education not only through its nursing programs, but also through its public health educational programs as well as med educational programs.
Students who would want to pursue their passion for providing health care will greatly benefit from attending this renowned school. As they will be provided with the best and the highest quality educational training programs that being a nurse is required to undergo, students can rest assure that they will learn everything they need to in order to become the best nurses they can be.
The following are the areas of excellence that the School of Nursing of Johns Hopkins is very proud of:
- Cardiovascular Health
- Community Public Health
- Coverdell Peace Corps Fellows
- Educational Technology
- Global Nursing
- Interprofessional Education
- Salivary Bioscience
How to Apply
Individuals who are interested in applying at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing are provided with two options. The first one is to use the online application form that can be found in the official website of this educational institution. The official website of Johns Hopkins is: www.nursing.jhu.edu. The second option that students can opt to go with is to apply through the NursingCAS. This is a national and centralized application service specifically designed for students who would want to apply to the various registered and accredited nursing programs throughout the United States.
- LSU School of Nursing If you are a resident of Louisiana state and aiming...
- Baylor Nursing School Baylor University is located in Waco, Texas, established in 1845...
- goldfarb school of nursing For those who want to have a promising career in...
- Galen School Of Nursing The Galen School of Nursing is one of the private...
- Nursing Schools in Columbus Ohio Nursing Schools in Columbus Ohio can be the ideal choice...