Are you looking for a profession in which you have to perform the duty of looking after the sick and needy and in return you get paid? If yes, then the job of a nursing assistant is best suited for you. There a lot of institutes that provides CNA Courses in Maine to the willing candidates in order to make them proficient nursing professionals in the coming future.
Following are some of the highlights of the nursing assistant programs in Maine:
- Curriculum followed is in accordance with the guidelines set by the health department of the state.
- Instructors are quite skilled and keep a close eye on the performance of every candidate
- Moreover, the students are required to attend the classes regularly and make notes that will be beneficial for them in passing the certification exam
- Various projects and presentation are allotted to the candidates for analyzing their performance and awarding them marks accordingly
The students can get admission in the school of their interest if they have a high school degree or some equivalent thing, possess no criminal records and are above 18 years of age. The below mentioned steps can be followed for getting admission in any of the nursing colleges:
- First of all, the candidates are supposed to get the admission form from the head office of the school or you can also download it from the website of the college
- The form must be filled carefully and every minute details must be mentioned in order to get the whole process completed as soon as possible
- Finally, completed forms can be submitted at the head office of the school.
Hence, in this way, the candidates can attain the nursing qualification and ensure a booming nursing career ahead.
Famous Nursing training schools in Maine
School Administrative District # 24 Adult and Community Education - Van Buren
169 Main St., Van Buren, Maine 04785
Ellsworth Adult Education
112 Boggy Brook Road, Ellsworth, Maine 04605
Mid-Maine Regional Adult and Community Education - Waterville
One Brooklyn Ave., Waterville, ME 04901
Ellsworth Adult Education Nurse Aide Course - Courtland
112 Boggy Brook Road, Ellsworth, ME 04605
Waldo City Technology Center Nurse Aide Course
1022 Waterville Rd., Waldo, ME 04915
Maine School Administrative District # 9 - Farmington
108 Fairbanks Road, Farmington, Maine 04938
Sanford Community Adult Education Nursing Assistant Program - Springvale
12 King St., Springvale, Maine 04083
Maine School Administrative District # 9 Nurse Aide Training - Farmington
108 Fairbanks Road, Farmington, ME 04938
The Adult Learning Center Nurse Aide Training Program - RooScarborough
Scarborough HS, 11 Municipal Dr., RooScarborough, ME 04074
Maine School Administrative District # 27 - Fort Kent
Community HS, 84 Pleasant St., Fort Kent, Maine 04743
Oxford Hills/Buckfield Adult Education - Paris
256 Main Street S., Paris, Maine 04281
Region II CNA Training Program - Houlton
5 Bird Street, Houlton, ME 04730
Massabesic Adult Education Nursing Assistant Course - Waterboro
86 West Rd., Waterboro, Maine 04087
Lewiston Adult Education Nurse Aide Program - Lewiston
156 East Avenue, Lewiston, ME 04240
Presque Isle Adult Education CNA Program
79 Blake St., Presque Isle, Maine 04769
Madawaska Adult Education Nurse Aide Training Program - Madawaska
135 Seventh Ave., Madawaska, Maine 04756
Portland Adult Education Nurse Aide Program
150 Ocean Ave., Portland, ME 04103
Madison Adult Education
55 Weston Ave., Madison, Maine 04950
Sumner Adult Education Nurse Assistant Program - Sullivan
Sumner Mem HS, 2456 US Highway, Sullivan, ME 04607
Region Nine Adult Education Learning Center C.N.A. Class - Mexico
377 River Road, Mexico, ME 04257
Maine School Administrative District # 53 Adult and Community Education - Pittsfield
1677 School St., Pittsfield, Maine 04967
Noble Adult and Community Education CNA Training Course - North Berwick
388 Somersworth Road, North Berwick, ME 03906
MCST Adult Education Nurse Aide Training Course - Rockland
1 South Main Street, Rockland, ME 04841
If you’re looking for a job at Maine that is related to the medical field, you’re in luck, because Maine is currently in need of Certified Nursing Assistants or CNAs. Don’t be daunted by the word ‘assistant’, because even CNAs play a large role in medical facilities. CNAs are more than just assistants, they are the extra hands of nurses, and without their service many easy procedures will become harder to perform. CNAs typically earn around $9-$13 per hour, as stated by the Bureau of Labor and Statistics. However there are some senior CNAs who get paid as much as $15 per hour. All CNAs are paid extra for any overtime work.
Benefits of Pursuing a Career as a Certified Nursing Assistant
A job as a Certified Nursing Assistant is a great way to start building your career in the medical field. When you’re a CNA, you don’t have to worry about handling your clients, since you will be under the close supervision of your superiors, and other nurses. Many successful nurses today started out their health care career as CNAs. A job as a CNA can boost your credentials, and will increase your chances of being accepted at a nursing school. Normally CNAs will get a one-week paid vacation per year A CNA will also receive pay for holidays and for a certain number of leaves. Aside from getting medical benefits for giving their service, CNAs can also receive retirement plans or benefits (but this will depend completely on the facility they’re working in). Because of the loose work schedule, most CNAs take 2nd jobs to increase their salary or income.
Becoming A Certified Nursing Assistant
From the name itself, a nursing assistant must be certified first before he or she can work in a health care facility. Certified Nursing Assistants are licensed, and must go through numerous classes and trainings before they can receive their license to practice their profession. In order to have a license as a CNA, a test is given at the end of the CNA program. In most states, the government will require nursing assistant students to have at least 75 hours of training. The state of Maine on the other hand requires at least 180 hours of training. You can comply these hours by enrolling in CNA classes and programs of particular schools. There are some schools and programs that are connected to health care facilities, and most of the time, these particular schools will instantly hire their students after passing the licensure examination. There are many schools in Maine that are offering CNA classes, and we’ve provided you with a list and a couple of short descriptions about the said schools.
• York County Community College
- Description. York Country Community College can be found in Wells, Maine. Aside from offering certificates for aspiring nursing assistants, the York County Community College has over 30 different programs and certificates. This school is fit for students of all ages.
- Requirements. Before you can take CNA classes at the York County Community College, there are certain requirements that must be complied. You must first fill up the application form for the CNA class and program. A copy of your GED or high school diploma as well as complete background check by the State Bureau of Investigation is also needed. Aside from these necessary documents, you must also be able to speak and write English excellently, and have a good physical and mental health as well. Although immunizations aren’t required while taking CNA classes at this institution, a complete MMR and Hepatitis B vaccination is required for employment.
- Contact Number: (207) 216-4344
• The Cedars
- Description. The Cedars is a retirement facility located in Portland, Maine. They are known for providing excellent care. They also have health care methods that focus on Independent Living, Rehabilitation, Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Care. The CNAs at The Cedars assist the elderly in the rehabilitation center. The Cedars believe that throughout the many years of service, they have molded their CNAs to become excellent caretakers. They want to share their knowledge with those who want to pursue this type of job by offering CNA classes.
- Requirements. To enter The Cedar’s CNA classes, one must first submit an application form to the main office itself. The Cedar requires their students to have a satisfactory high school performance. Superb communication skills are also prerequisites for The Cedar CNA program.
- Contact Number: (207) 221-7006
• Maine Medical Center
- Description. In the year 2000, Maine Medical Center, along with the affiliation of Portland Adult Education, decided to open a new program that will cater the education and training of prospective nurse assistants. Maine Medical Center’s CNA classes and program will last for 11 weeks, and are available 3 times a year. CNA classes can be taken on January, March and September at the institution itself. The best part about the Maine Medical Center’s CNA program is that their classes are completely tuition-free. This program already includes skills labs, classroom work and clinical experience.
- Requirements. An application form is available at Maine Medical Center’s website. Proof of your high school education, a signed SBI form, two valid IDs and two copies of the Social Security Card are also needed. All these documents, along with the application form, must be placed in two sealed envelopes and sent to Maine Medical Center’s office. Only applicants above 18 years old are allowed to apply and enter the CNA classes.
- Contact Number: (207) 662-0111
- Nurse Aide Registry, Maine Every state has its own nursing aide registry and so...
- CNA Courses in Texas Region 3, Metroplex Becoming a certified nursing assistant is regarded as one of...
- CNA Courses in California The job of a nursing assistant is quite a lucrative...
- Virginia Nursing Training Courses A nursing assistant is an individual who is hired by...
- CNA Courses in Washington D.C. Washington DC has so many community colleges, schools and private...