Individuals who are interested in having a career in the medical industry are provided with several options. One of these options is to become a Certified Nursing Assistant, or CNA for short. However, in order to become certified, interested individuals are required to meet certain criteria. Before a nursing assistant can be certified and licensed to provide his or her services in the state of Pennsylvania, he or she should first complete the necessary and the required CNA classes in Pennsylvania. If you are interested to become a CNA in this state, then continue reading this article to learn more.
Eligibility Requirements and Criteria to Become a Certified Nursing Assistant
Individuals who are interested to know who are eligible to take the nurse aid examination in Pennsylvania, the answer is that there are actually five different eligibility categories for taking the CNA examination in Pennsylvania. Individuals who meet the requirements and the criteria of any of these categories will be allowed to take the certification exam for nursing aides. This certification exam is known as the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program, or the NNAAP.
The individuals who will be allowed to undergo the certification exam to become certified nursing assistants and provide their services in Pennsylvania include the following:
- Individuals who were able to successfully complete a nurse aid training course and CNA classes in Pennsylvania that has been approved by the state within the past two years
- Nursing students who have completed certain educational requirements
- Individuals who were able to complete CNA classes and other required educational training programs in another state aside from the state of Pennsylvania
- Nurse aides in Pennsylvania whose certifications have already lapsed
- Certified nursing assistants or aides who live in another state other than Pennsylvania whose certification have already lapsed
With these requirements that you need to meet in order for you to be allowed to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program, you need to ensure that you will be able to complete the right CNA classes in Pennsylvania. Being able to get the proper education will help you prepare not only for the certification exam, but also for your career in the medical industry as a certified nursing assistant. If you want to be able to get the right amount of training, education, and preparation for both the exam and your future career, choose an educational institution that provides high quality programs.
CNA Classes in Pennsylvania: Providing the Education and Training Needed to become CNAs
CNA classes in Pennsylvania, or whichever state you are residing in and are planning to become a CNA in, are designed to provide you with the right education and training that you need in order to become a CNA. As mentioned above, before you can be considered as a certified nursing assistant, you would first need to take the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program and get a passing grade on it. And for you to be able to pass this exam, you need to obtain the education required. The right education and training to become a CNA can only be provided to you by the best educational insitution.
The Best Schools to Attend and Get CNA Classes in Pennsylvania From
Now that you have learned all about the importance of completing the right CNA classes in Pennsylvania, you might be wondering as to where you should get the education and training that you need in order to become a Certified Nursing Assistant. In the state of Pennsylvania, there are many educational institutions that offer Nursing Assistant programs and courses. However, there are two schools considered by a lot of people as the best providers of these required educational programs and courses. These two schools that we are referring to include:
- The Pennsylvania State University - The Pennsylvania State University offers a nurse aide or nursing assistant program. This program includes CNA classes in Pennsylvania that are offered through the Penn State Mont Alto Continuing Education. The program consists of 120 hours of combined practice and theory. These CNA classes are being held at the Franklin County Career and Technology Center, or FCCTC.
The CNA classes in Pennsylvania that this educational institution offers include 60 hours of practical or hands on experience at a local health care facility. The other 60 hours are spent on didactic courses and laboratory experience at the FCCTC. Once the students complete this program, they will be eligible to take the certification exam for nursing aides.
- The Delaware County Community College - The Delaware County Community College, or DCCC, is a public college that is located in Media, Pennsylvania. This educational institution offers a nursing assistant certificate program through its Division of Allied Health, Emergency Services, and Nursing department.
The CNA classes in Pennsylvania that this school offers include prevention, emergency procedures, nutritional and special diet preparation, the social needs of the people who are under care, as well as effective communication strategies. The nursing assistant certificate program that the DCCC is offering also puts emphasis on principles and ethics, which include respecting the rights of the residents under care as well as resident independence support.
Aside from the CNA classes in Pennsylvania that you can take and attend in the Pennsylvania State University and in the Delaware County Community College, you also have the option to enroll in an online school. There are several educational institutions that offer online CNA classes in the State of Pennsylvania, so that you can complete your studies while being at the comfort of your own home, or anywhere you may be. However, you need to keep in mind that the online classes that you should take should be approved by the state in order for the program or course to be valid.
- CNA Training Classes in Pennsylvania What are the requirements for students who want to attend...
- Nursing Training Courses in Pennsylvania Every state has its own list of training programs and...
- Nurse Aide Training programs in Pennsylvania What is the eligibility criterion for the nurse aide testing...
- CNA Schools in Pennsylvania The state of Pennsylvania has a wide range of career...
- Nursing Assistant Training Program in Pennsylvania The duration of the CNA training programs in Pennsylvania is...